3 pounds boneless goat, cubed
3 tablespoons butter
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
2 celery stalks, sliced
½ cup dried brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
salt, pepper, and ground coriander to taste
1-6 ounce can tomato paste
2 cups water
1 cup white wine
Garnish: chopped parsley or cilantro
1. Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat; add meat in small batches, browning on all sides.
2. Stir in onion, carrots, celery, lentils, garlic, ground coriander, salt and pepper.
3. Dilute tomato paste in 2 cups water.
4. When vegetables begin to soften, add diluted tomato paste and wine; stir. Reduce heat and simmer - partially covered - for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until goat is fork-tender.
5. Garnish with chopped parsley or cilantro.