|Apricot-Glazed Chicken Breast|
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. apricot preserves/jam
¾ tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 1 lb. total (rinse chicken and pat dry)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the honey, mustard, apricot preserves, and soy sauce, blending well.
3. Place the bread crumbs in a separate small bowl.
4. Coat a baking pan (the kind with sides) with vegetable spray. Arrange the chicken breasts in the pan.
5. Spread the apricot-honey mixture on the top of each chicken breast. Pat the bread crumbs onto the glaze mixture.
6. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, making sure the chicken is cooked through, and a golden crust has formed on top. This recipe creates its own sauce, so spoon some on the top of each portion for extra flavor and moisture.
Serve with your favorite pilaf (or starch of your choice), vegetable and/or salad.