A 9"x13" pan yielded about 24 pieces
1 pkg. kadaif (shredded phyllo dough), defrosted and at room temperature
¾ lb. (3 sticks) unsalted, *clarified*, melted butter
3 cups chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or pistachios)
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
**Simple Syrup** (recipe below)
2. Pour the melted butter over the dough, tossing with 2 forks to distribute butter throughout.
3. In a medium bowl stir together the nuts, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Distribute half of the dough in a 9” x13” inch baking pan. Gently press down dough.
5. Sprinkle the nut-cinnamon mixture over the layer of shredded dough to cover.
6. Top the nut mixture with the remaining dough, distributing it evenly.
7. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
8. Cut into serving pieces.
9. While still hot, pour some simple syrup over each piece. Let guests add more syrup, if desired.
1 cup water
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
· Heat sugar and water in a saucepan until sugar is dissolved, stirring from time to time.
· Add lemon juice.
· Cool until ready to use.