Doug and I just returned from a scouting mission in Charlotte, NC. After 32 years of Florida living, we’re searching for a destination closer to the northeast without the severe weather extremes of that region. We’ve decided Charlotte, North Carolina would be a nice place to call home, but wanted to be sure it has all of the amenities we’ve become accustomed to.
Our relocation must-have list includes:
• an Armenian church (St. Sarkis Armenian Church, pictured left)
• a place to purchase necessary Armenian ingredients
• a store that sells American lamb
• a decent butcher shop
• Greek or Middle Eastern restaurants/diners
• at least one major mall, airport, and train station
• art, cultural, and musical events
• educational programs and medical facilities
We’re happy to report that Charlotte has all of this and more!
So, what else could we possibly need? Sounds like the Charlotte area is the ticket for us. All we have to do now, is sell our home in South Florida, and take the plunge.
Wish us luck!