|Tahini Cookies ready to serve!|
Yield: about 2 dozen
1 cup tahini, very well-stirred
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. cinnamon, or to tasteDash salt
Note: For a firmer cookie, add about 1/4 cup flour to the mixture
toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together the tahini, sugar, and egg in a mixing bowl. Sift-in the baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and flour, if using. Blend well.
3. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls with slightly dampened hands. (This helps to prevent sticking.) Place each ball on an ungreased baking sheet about 1 ½ inches apart.
|Rolled cookie dough spaced far-enough apart to allow for spreading|
5. Sprinkle tops with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
|Criss-cross design made with the tines of a fork|
6. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Cookie bottoms should be golden and centers slightly soft.
7. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then cool completely on wire racks.
Cookie Baking Tip:
Roll the balls of dough the same size to ensure even baking and uniformly-sized cookies.